Information, instruction, and training for asbestos awareness is intended to give workers and supervisors the information they need to avoid work that may disturb asbestos during any normal work which could disturb the fabric of a building, or other item which might contain asbestos.
Asbestos Awareness training is not for any person wishing to carry out work with asbestos containing materials (ACMs) it is designed to help you avoid it.
Every employer must make sure that anyone who is liable to disturb asbestos during their normal work, or who supervises those employees, gets the correct level of information, instruction and training so that they can work safely and competently without risk to themselves or others.
Learners will learn about asbestos including identification, health effects, safety procedures, avoidance and much more.
- Identify the properties of asbestos and outline the history of its use
- Outline the health effects of asbestos
- Outline the types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in buildings and plant
- Identify the main statutory provisions that relate to asbestos
- Know the correct procedures to follow in an emergency
- Know how to avoid the risks of asbestos
Maximum of 12
June 30 @ 09:00